Suggest a Purchase
Is there a new title you think we may have missed? The staff at the Georgetown Peabody Library base their purchase decisions on a number of factors. Some of those include:
- Positive reviews in professional sources
- Credentials of the author
- Community interest
- Scope of the book relative to the mission of public libraries
- Availability in the network
- Availability to purchase through our contracted vendors
Self-published books may be acquired when they include unique local content or meet the selection criteria for collection development.
Titles more than twelve months old are usually appropriate to pursue through the titles of the MVLC network, the Commonwealth Catalog, or Interlibrary Loan. However, there are exceptions; please be sure to include your reasoning.