The Georgetown Peabody Library has established the following policy to follow in the event of a pandemic.
1.The Georgetown Peabody Library will close due to a pandemic in the event that there is a mandate or recommendation for closure issued by public health or government officials on the local, county, or state level.
2. At the discretion of the Library Director or the Library Board of Trustees, the Georgetown Peabody Library may close, reduce its operating hours, or limit services temporarily (e.g. programming).
3. In the event of closure necessitated by pandemic, effective communication about any reduction in services or open hours is of the utmost importance. Library staff should immediately post information about closures on the library website, social media sites, outside the library, on cancellations.com, and the Town of Georgetown website.
4. If reduced staffing, open hours, or services are required, library staff shall perform priority responsibilities that most directly impact patrons prior to any other work tasks. Priority responsibilities shall follow this order:
- Direct patron assistance: check out, issuing library cards, computer and reference assistance, facility and collection supervision/safety.
- Patron related-tasks: check in, incoming delivery, shelving.
- Workflow tasks: pull list, material orders, cataloging
- Essential services: payroll, processing bills for payment, Library Board meetings.
Individual responsibilities outside of those described shall be completed after these prioritized tasks, if time permits, performing those duties with a deadline or significant impact first. Employees should consult with the Director or to determine staffing area assignment and which individual work tasks should take priority, or in the event that they feel a responsibility not listed here requires urgent attention.
5. Library staff will be provided with disposable gloves, hand sanitizer, and surface disinfectants.
While the library is limiting in person services, programming will continue in a virtual manner when possible.
In order to ensure materials returned to the library are at the lowest risk possible for transmission, the Library will quarantine items for at least three days before checking them in and returning them to the collection. This includes books, magazines, DVDs, and CDs.
The Library will maintain access to regular magazine subscriptions. Current issues will circulate to allow for their quarantine following use. Newspapers will be unavailable.
Upon accepting returns, all items will be checked in after the quarantine period. The Library does not charge fines, but if for any reason a patron returns an item from a MVLC library that does charge fines, we will waive all late fines for the period of limited services.
MEETING ROOM USE:
The use of Meeting Rooms by the public is suspended, as the space may be required for quarantining library materials. The use of the Meeting Room is suspended until the room is no longer required for quarantining collections and/or a change to social distancing guidelines that allow small groups to meet.
The Library reserves the right to limit the number of daily reservations to allow for additional time for the cleaning of the room. (Amenities that the library may provide for the meeting room could be removed during this time: e.g. kitchen use, projectors, whiteboards).
Adapted from Lawrence (MA) Public Library.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees on 6/10/2020.