Starting June 8, we will be offering contactless curbside pickup to our patrons. Please note, you must have an appointment to pick up your item(s).
How it works:
- Search our catalog for available items and place a hold. At this time, you will only be able to place holds on items available on our Georgetown Peabody Library shelves. Please limit your selections to a maximum of 10 items.
- You can also email us or give us a call if you would prefer to have a staff member assist you with placing holds.
- When your item(s) are pulled, we will call you to schedule a 15 minute pickup time.
- At your scheduled pickup time, park near the front of the library and retrieve your order at the designated table just outside our entrance. Your items will be in a labeled bag. Please verify your name when picking up your order.
- Please practice all social distancing protocol while picking up your items! We appreciate you wearing a mask to keep everyone safe.
Please know that your safety is important to us. There will be no direct contact and staff will be gloved and masked at all times. Outdoor bins/tables are disinfected in between pickups.
Curbside pickup hours:
Mondays 2pm – 6pm Wednesdays and Fridays 12pm – 4pm
(These hours may change in the future as we assess demand and community needs!)
Hint: To get items even faster, you can also click the “Only Show Available” button in the catalog, which will display items that are currently checked in at our library, and reduce some of the turnaround time in filling your order.
We want to get our books in your hands as soon as possible! We appreciate your patience as we navigate this phase of reopening.
- For Adults and YA – Call us, email us, or use our Personal Book Lists service!
- For Children – Call us, email us, use our Picture Book Bundles for younger kids or Kids Personal Book List for older kids!
Can I return the books I currently have checked out?
Yes! You can return them in our book drop. Please note, we will be quarantining any items returned before they are checked in. This could take up to 7 days. For that reason, do not be concerned if you see recently returned books still on your account.
What about donations?
At this time, we cannot accept donations. Please do not put them in our book drop or outside of our building.
When will the public be allowed into the building?
We are following Governor Baker’s guidelines and at this time, we are not allowing the public into the building. We will keep you updated when that changes.
Why are you not open your normal hours?
For the safety of the staff, we are starting phase one with a compressed work week. We will be available by phone/email on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 10 am and 5 pm. We will continue to monitor the situation and will update our days and hours when we feel it is safe to do so.
Help! I need Internet access!
You can access our WiFi from outside the building! Connect to Library WiFi OPEN and you’re good to go!