Looking For Your Support
The Library is looking for your support to open on Thursdays. Please ask any staff member when you come to the library on how you can help with this goal!
Reasons for increased hours:
- Increased access to the Georgetown Peabody Library
- Additional day available for community programs in the tightly scheduled meeting rooms
- Additional afternoon available for library programs.
- Additional day available for students, tutors, people who work from home, and many more to use our library space, WiFi, computers, printers, fax machine, etc.
- Eliminate frustration for patrons who approach the door of the library on Thursdays and are reminded by the sign that the library is closed.
- Eliminate the one weekday that has no after-school hours.
- Georgetown is approaching population size that will require the library to be open 40 hours/week in order to retain certification and receipt of State Aid to Libraries. The certification allows Georgetown residents to use the interlibrary loan system and to go to other libraries in MVLC to borrow items.