Volunteering at the Library
Volunteering for the Georgetown Peabody Library can be a rewarding and exciting experience. Volunteer time, energy and goodwill are invaluable assets to the Library because volunteerism enhances the Library’s ability to fulfill its mission by providing opportunities for direct public participation in library services. Sharing your time and talents makes a big difference in our operations. Volunteer service is performed with guidance and support from the staff.
The following lists some of the tasks volunteers perform:
- Shelf maintenance: straightening, shelf reading, shifting books, cleaning shelves
- Preparing children’s crafts such as cutting, pasting, etc.
- Photocopying, collating, folding, stapling
- Weeding and watering the plants
- Special projects as assigned
For further information, please view our Volunteer Policy.