The Children’s Room has books and materials focusing on many parenting and children’s issues and activities.
The Ellison Letter Machine is a versatile tool. It cuts anything scissors can cut in a fraction of the time, such as: construction paper, sponge, cardboard, fabric, wallpaper, and contact paper.
Patrons may use the Ellison Letter Machine in the Children’s Department during our regular hours. Call 978- 352-5728 to make an appointment.
There is no charge to use the Ellison Machine; however, you must provide your own materials to be cut.
We’ve compiled a list of websites and resources for parents with varying topics and help.
- Department of Education useful pamphlets to download
- Tufts University directory of child development sites
- Parenting Site from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Dr. Sears’ Website
- Zero to Three
- Hand in Hand
Signing With Babies
- Reading is Fundamental
- Massachusetts Center for the Book
- Children’s Book Council
- Center for the book from the Library of Congress
Safety And Preventing Injury
Media Reviews For Parents
Apps: Reviews and Discussions
- Children’s Technology Reviews
- School Library Journal Reviews
- Kirkus Book App Reviews
- App of the Week
- Little eLit
- Teachers With Apps
- Digital Storytime
- “Are Learning Apps Good for Babies?” (Article)
- Digital Media Diet
- Apps for (Special) Education
- Advocates for Autism in Massachusetts
- The Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- Federation for Children with Special Needs
- Interactive Collaborative Autism Network.
- Massachusetts Advocates for Children
- Special Needs Advocacy Network
- Walsh Brothers Educational Advocates
Government and Legal Resources/Health and Human Services
- Special Education on the Department of Education
- Special Education Laws
- Massachusetts Civil Rights
- Wrights Law
- The Arc of Massachusetts
- The Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership
- Advocates for Autism of Massachusetts (AFAM)
- Autism Alliance of Metrowest, Inc.
- Autism Society of America
- Autism Speaks
- Autism Support Center
- The Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism, Inc.
- National Allience on Mental IIllness (Massachusetts)
- SPED Child and Teen